Sunday 31 March 2013

If I Knew You Were Coming...

... I'd have baked a cake! So bake I did! :) oh, what a chore. (Not!)

My lovely folks and sister came over on Easter Sunday for a last-minute visit. We organised it the night before and my hubby and I insisted we would make lunch. And what is a visit to a country cottage without some cake! Lunch was gone before I could snap any photos but I managed to get some pics of the cakes before they were devoured...

First were some wee rocky road bites with milk chocolate, marshmallows and digestives. Second was a Victoria sponge that is not all it appears. I didn't have the right sized cake tin so had to make do with one bigger than I needed meaning the end product was too thin to split in two. And so a one-tiered version was born! I just slathered it in lemon butter icing and put on some lovely wafer flowers I got as a birthday present and bingo... Spring pastel Easter goodness! Happy weekend, all!







No comments:

Post a Comment