Tuesday 30 April 2013

Spring Break!

Well, not in an American college way but I had a wee spring break last week. I had a week off work to relax, which was lovely. Needless to say, I got crafty!

A few cakes were made including this lovely one from Rachel Allen's 'Bake' book. It's an iced orange cake and I made it one day with lemon and another with orange for some visitors coming down to the cottage. It was yum although it cooked a bit more on the outside, aka borderline deeeeep golden. The icing to cake ratio on this cake is perfectly balanced so I'll definitely keep trying to perfect that edge! :)

I also looked out a mini felt collar I had embellished earlier in the year. I'm still not sure whether to turn it into a necklace or something else! Any ideas welcome...







No comments:

Post a Comment